Monday, July 8, 2024

Stairs!

 Kyle got busy the other day.
We went to Home Depot to get some wood
and then he built some stairs for his house!
(Since I'll be there alone and he gets into his
house by backing his truck up to the door,
dropping the tailgate, hopping onto the tailgate
and then hopping up into the house. Yeah, NO.)


Pretty good, eh?


He even put a railing on it for me, because, see above.


The neighbor's corn is getting TALL!


We wanted to see how tall,
so I hopped out of the truck and he snapped a pic.

Today, after I finish up some paperwork,
we are heading to the farm so I can "solo" running
the watering operation. And also he can start
hoeing the weeds and I can spread some sunn hemp seeds
as well as some sunflower seeds on the half of the
garden we aren't using this year.
(He plans to rotate between the two halves each year...)


We ordered some "stirrup" hoes (because they look
like a stirrup on a saddle...). They are SHARP.
They should make weeding a little less arduous.
Nobody imagines it will be easy.
Ha.

Anyhow, that's what's on tap for today.
Plus I have to be back here to teach this evening.
Glad to be OFF the morning schedule though!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

We call them D hoe's. They are great and we've used them for ever.