Friday, November 3, 2017

Another exciting day on the farm

Tuesday was Kyle's friend, Jessica's 21st birthday.
So yesterday morning she came over early
(early being a relative term)
and we went for a horseback ride.

It rained lightly just as we were leaving,
but that didn't damper our spirits.
The sun came out and it was lovely.


We had a nice ride.
There was a LOT of water out there though.

At one point I realized my fanny pack
with my phone in it was missing,
so I left them to go on
and went back to find it.
Then I called and set a place to meet them.
Took a "short cut" through "Pig World".
It's a meadow that is generally wet,
but this time I knew it was going to be 
WET.

Yup.
Andy didn't want to want on the trail,
so he went to the left and I don't
know if he sunk in the mud at the
bottom or if it was just that deep,
but I honestly thought we were
going swimming.
I put him back on the trail where at
least I knew the ground was solid.
And he muscled through.
It was chest deep on him and up to
the bottoms of my boots!

We found their trail and followed
their tracks until we met up with them
and then headed back towards the house.

There were a couple of impromptu streams
that needed to be forded (or jumped as the case may be)
but we all made it back safe and sound.


It's HARD taking pictures of a moving horse while on a moving horse.


I swear that tree wasn't there
only one second ago

Anyhow.

I ran some errands, over to the health food
store to restock my Oil of Oregano supply.
Rod has an abscess in his tooth and he's
been taking it until he can get in to see the dentist.

And I needed to drop off a key to the old Passat.

Rod went to the dentist after work.
They took an x-ray and said the infection
was nearly all cleared up but put him on an
antibiotic anyway just to be sure.
He's going back for a cleaning today.
He was really happy with them.
(First visit is free, cleaning is only $59
and that's without insurance!)

Yesterday was our friend Linda's birthday.
(She is the lady Kyle works for.)
Her brother in Moana Scoville's husband.
SMALL WORLD.
Moana called me yesterday
(Messenger Calling - first time - weird, but works!)
She said Linda told John she doesn't like cake,
so she was just going to make herself a pie
and stay home and eat it by herself.
That just sounded sad and lonely.
So Rod and I invited her out to dinner.

We had a really nice visit with her,
and when we brought her home, someone else
had stopped by with flowers and a box of chocolates.

We have a nice ward.

Anyhow.

This morning I went out early (again relative)
and after feeding the animals, I dragged out
the air compressor and power staple gun
and did some more repairs to the chicken yard.
About that time Kyle came out to go to work
so I prevailed upon him to shoot the last 4
of the red chickens.
(Somehow we missed them last time...)
So I'm down to about 50 solid layers now.
That's about right.

So now I'm going to make some lunch.
Have a GREAT FRIDAY!

No comments: