Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Expensive Couple of Days Part 2

And the saga continues.

Monday Kyle took the day off work.
It rained hard again over the weekend
and his property is FLOODED (again.)
(still, actually)

So we did some running around and
took care of some things that needed
doing around the house.

We went into town to Sams Club
to pick up the groceries for the week.
While driving up the highway,
I did an exaggerated "shoulder check"
because that is what you do before
you do a lane change in a car
that has significant blind spots.
(And you are out there on the highway
with other drivers who appear to have
gotten their licenses from a 
correspondence school on the internet...)

He made fun of me.
And then he said I needed a car
with blind spot assist.
And a backup camera.
And the new 2017 Jetta has these things.

So our errand running expanded a little
into an innocent visit by Jim's
place of work.
We had a nice visit.
And picked out a pretty blue car.

Which we picked up yesterday.

LOL

It costs less per month than the Passat.
And while I loved the Passat, this is
also a nice little peppy car that can run
me up and down the highway for 
almost no money for fuel,
and has many varied and wonderous
features I will likely NEVER figure out.
Most importantly though,
blind spot assist,
backup camera,
and a built in GPS system.
Oh yeah,
and I can listen to my books
without having to  have a zillion
wires and hang my tongue to the left.

And a sun roof.


Pretty color, isnt' it?
He was teaching me all the features.
Hahahahahahahaha


I like the pretty metalic blue.
I was going for a white one,
but Rod doesn't love white,
and it was $1000 more.


Naturally,
being related to the best salesman 
in the dealership,
we got an awesome deal.

And I really do like it.
And my salesman.
Thanks Jimbo!

No comments: