Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

We were very blessed to have a couple
of really really nice days.
Friday and Monday were both beautiful
"fall" days.  (Florida's version anyway)

And now the rain is back.
It is POURING.
It was nice until about 10.
Long enough for me to take out
the trash to the street,
feed the animals,
and sit out back and read my book
for about 30 minutes while they ate.

But now I'm huddled under my blanket
listening / watching the rain coming
down in sheets and sheets.
I have the back patio doors open to
let in some fresh air,
but had to close the front door
since the cross breeze was freezing me out.
It's 69.
Could snow at any moment.
LOL

Tuesday is my cleaning day.
I am running the dishwasher.
Ta Da.
LOL
(Actually, I also dusted, did the floors,
and I'm getting ready to go clean the bathroom.
Ick.)

But I'm also going to do some cooking.

Tonight for the 
"Meeting formally known as homemaking"
we are having Pies and Speed Dating.
You get a slice of pie,
pick a seat on one side of the banquet table
and then after 3 minutes the folks on the other
side of the table slide down one spot.

It's a fun opportunity to visit with and
get to know some of the other sisters in the ward.

I'm going to make a sugar free, no bake
pumpkin cheesecake.
I'm softening the cheesecake as we speak.
Also thawing a pack of our beef stew meat.

I'm going to try a new stew recipe.
I'm not a big stew fan, but Rod likes it.
And it's a hot stew sort of day.
I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

They are closed next door on Thursday 
since it's Thanksgiving,
so I'll also be washing my eggs today to take over.
If it ever stops raining.

Otherwise, I have a good book,
the Piano Guys on Pandora,
and a comfy afghan
 I knit for myself a couple of years ago.
(My puppy chewed a hole in it - I guess I could
also try to fix that....)

Aaaaaaaah.
Retirement.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Hey we did that same activity for our October "used to be called home making meeting" it was fun. I was on the "don't move" side. They had three questions on popsicle sticks that we chose from to discuss each time. What was your first job, if money were no object, what would you like to do... Etc.