Monday, November 20, 2017

Dodged A Bullet...

It seems like my phones only die
(but OFTEN die)
when I'm out of town.

Last night my phone battery was dead.
As I was leaving town (from teaching)
I plugged it into my new car,
but it just said to charge more before
trying to turn it on.

I knew Rod would be worried
about not hearing from me.
I drove to the first Service Plaza,
stopped in and found a wall outlet to
plug my phone in long enough to 
call him and let him know I was ok
and on my way home.

But my phone didn't respond.

So I got back on the highway and went
to the Wendy's where I get off one highway
and get on another.
It still wouldn't work when I plugged it in.
But the lovely lady behind the counter
let me borrow her's to call Rod.

And then I headed the rest of the way home.
Plugged in my phone and hoped for the best.

And dreamed all night about my dead phone.
Nightmares about losing my contacts.
I have phone numbers for all sorts of people
that I only talk to once a year or so,
and I have no idea how I would ever find them again.
Guess I should figure out a way to back
my contacts up, eh?
LOL

Anyhow.

This morning I got up,
fed the animals,
ate a pear for breakfast,
and headed in to town to the Sprint store.

He took the case off.
Pulled the battery out.
Put the battery back in.
Turned my phone on.

I didn't know you could do that!!!
(My last phone had one of those batteries
you couldn't take out, so I forgot it was an option!)

I was SOOO happy
that I went next door to Steak and Shake
for my favorite steak burger to celebrate.
(Early lunch... I slept in... lol)

And then, since Bed, Bath and Beyond
is also in the same parking lot,
I decided to go in.
I haven't been to one since I went in Tucson!

I have been meaning to go in,
because I wanted to buy a bunch of those
plastic "paper plates" like Nancy bought.
Of course,
they are summer things, so I was positive
they wouldn't have them anymore.
But it's always fun to look.
They didn't have the 6" spring form pan 
I wanted.
(I want to make a cheese cake in my pressure cooker.)
They didn't have a pressure cooker
so I could measure to see if a 9" one would fit.
(But I went on to my online group and found out
that it needs a 6" one...)

But as I was walking out, I found a tiny little
corner for backyard picnic / BBQ stuff
and there they were!!!!!


I bought six on them!
I can't wait to use them!
Thanksgiving dinner here we come!
LOL

However, I would like to know who
thought it was a good idea to put
a super sticky sticker in the middle
of the plate.

I've been sitting here on my couch for 30
minutes already, watching a Hallmark
Christmas movie, picking off stickers,
trying not to ruin my fingernails,
and I only have 3 done.

Sheesh.

But at least my phone works!!!!

2 comments:

rktucson said...

Hey, those are MY plates, not Nancys! lol and I LOVE them! want to get some more...

Collette said...

I THOUGHT it was YOU I went to BBB with, but then I thought I remembered using them at Nancy's... Did you bring them over or something? I'm excited to use them tonight with our "Stew of Love".