Thursday, November 9, 2017

Busy, Productive Morning

As usual, I've been busy this morning.

I woke up nice and early and decided
to indulge myself and watched a
Christmas movie on Hallmark
instead of getting up before the
break of dawn.  
(5:00)

Then it was time to get up
and feed all the animals
and get them going for the day.

Meanwhile Kyle left for work.
And then Scott got up and
worked on Jim's 4 wheeler for a bit.
Got it running,
but the darn rats chewed one wire
down so short that he doesn't know
if he'll be able to fix it.
Might have to get a new wire harness
just for that one silly wire.
Oh well.

While he was working on the patio,
I baked a big pan of Rod's favorite
German Pancake with pecans.
He loves it.
I cut it into individual servings and
he has one with a chocolate protein
drink for breakfast each morning.

While it was baking,
I whipped up a batch of sugar free
homemade ketchup,
which I then used to make a batch
of really delicious BBQ sauce.

While that was simmering on the stove,
I put a lovely Boston Butt roast I 
picked up next door into the pressure cooker
to get it thawed and started cooking.

Then it went into the slow cooker
with half a recipe of BBQ sauce.
That will cook on low for the rest of the day
and we'll have it for dinner and
leftovers for lunch for the next few days.

Now I'm researching a banana bread
recipe.  I have 3 overripe bananas
and I'm craving banana bread.
So I'll see what yummy sugar free / gluten free
recipes I can find.
I know there's one in the cookbook I use.
But it has an oat flour base and I'm
wondering if there's something else
that isn't quite so heavy.

We'll see.

But I just realized it's nearly 1:00 and
I haven't had breakfast yet.
LOL
Guess I'd best get on that!
(I guess you would call it brunch...)

Missed posting about yesterday...
I went to the doctor in the morning and got
a clean bill of health.
He said my numbers were "stellar".
YEA!

And then he uploaded a couple of new books
for me to read.
(We are book buddies from way back....)

Next it was off to the Hair Cuttery
to get my hair trimmed.
She did a nice job.
But butchered my bangs.
At least I'm not teaching this weekend.
By next weekend (thanks to collagen)
they will have grown out enough that I
will survive.
hahahaha

And then it was up the street to Walmart
to get some plain Kefir.
I put it on the counter for 24 hours to do
a double ferment and then use in a drink.
I also needed to find a clear water bottle
for Rod to take to work.
They are cracking down on what the guys
are allowed to drink out of and where / when
they can drink water.
It's kind of hard on him... but he is adapting.
And of course, I needed some more veggies.

Then it was across the street to pick up
my refill on my thyroid meds.
And home to make a nice big pan of
sausage and cabbage for lunch.

I'm thinking about making another batch now.
Or maybe a big pan of yellow squash,
sauted in butter with a couple of eggs
scrambled in.
That's pretty darn yummy too.

Decisions, decisions...  

No comments: