Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Winter in Florida

 Ok. I'm TIRED of being cold!!!

I wish Kyle wouldn't be super mad if I took his picture.
He's sitting in the chair in my Zoom Room with his
heavy hoodie jacket on, doing something
on his phone and he looks COLD!

Tonight is the last (fingers crossed)
and coldest night of this latest front.

It was pretty chilly out there this 
morning when I was getting the animals fed.


The dogs were all excited.
They love it when its cold.

I'm wearing my head band thing that
has headphones built in.
I LOVE this thing!
I wore them to bed last night because Rod
was having a snoring night and I was 
having a hard time getting / staying asleep.
So I hopped up and grabbed it.
I have a Pandora channel of LDS hymns that
is really good for sleeping to...

And then I just didn't take it off.
(Nor did I brush my hair... lol)

Continuing down I have a knitted scarf I
made a couple of years ago, wrapped around
my neck. Keeping my neck warm is 
ESSENTIAL to not being freezing cold.

Then of course, is the GIANT PUFFY COAT.
Rod bought this for me years and years ago.
It will last forever since I only wear it like 
twice a year... lol.
But when I do... the horses freak out because they
have no idea who I am.
The dogs seem cool with it though...

I LOST my good gloves!
So I'm wearing my leather work gloves.
Which are great for protecting your hands
from splinters and cutting your fingers off
on hay bale twine...
but LOUSY at keeping your hands warm.
Who knew.

Jeans and boots.
It was warm enough.

Tonight they are saying there is a chance of frost.
Not a very BIG chance,
but a chance.
And I have PEAS in the garden!
PROTECT THE PEAS!!!

So we are going to scrounge all the 
extra bed sheets and cover the garden beds.

I finally turned on the furnace.
I hate to do that because it's electric and
SPIKES the power bill... but I decided it was
stupid to be uncomfortable in the house all day.
And then I came into the Zoom Room to watch
some YouTube and send work emails.
Do you watch Frugal Fit Mom?
I think they are LDS... although they never say so.
But I DID catch a glimpse of her husband wearing
a BYU t-shirt while painting the basement.
I just found her and have been binging. 
I like her - she's a little manic and I talk fast
after watching her, so I can't do it before I teach...
She does have some good ideas though.
Kind of fun.

Sitting here I have my little space heater
BLAZING next to me.
Yup.
I'm a wimp.

And then tomorrow its supposed to warm up a bit.
And back to the high 70's by Friday.

Whew!

No comments: