Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spring?

The property next door was making a LOT of noise.

I looked over the fence and their horse pasture was FULL of robins!

Those are some noisy birds.

But they herald spring.

Even if it's January.

It was pretty chilly yesterday.

And this morning.
(42)
(Yeah, I know...)

MY birds, however, were too busy eating to make noise.


I moved a couple of old pieces of wood and they found BUGS!


They were having a great time digging through the grass
and finding yummy things to eat.

I sat out on my chair and read some Lord of the Rings.
I just opened the book to anyplace and ended up
at the scene in Moria where they discovered 
the graves of the dwarves.
And the battle with the orcs and the Balrog.

One of my favorite parts!

Meanwhile, Jim baked some yummy pork ribs,
candied some carrots and baked some onions.

Can you tell we've been watching lots of Chopped?

2 comments:

rktucson said...

Doesn't sound like your usual 'my kids live at home' cause YOUR kids do lots of cooking, cleaning, helping, etc!

Collette said...

Yup. They are great team players. Jim is slowly repainting the house. Pictures to come, once there's enough to show. (Had to pressure wash the entire thing first...)