Monday, January 7, 2013

The Grass IS Greener on the Other Side!

We put down some winter rye seed in our back pasture a month or so ago.
And then we fenced it off to keep the horses off it until it gets established.

They eye it longingly.

It's pretty and green!


This morning, this is what I found!


 Notice the wire running just above his knees.
I have NO idea how he got out there.
(It's not hot wire, well, it is, but it's not hooked up...)

Little stinker!


Meanwhile.
Bison was running up and down the fence line with the neighbor's horses on Saturday.
We think he pulled a muscle or twisted something.
He's limping.
He's walking, eating and drinking, just not putting lots of weight on his leg.
There's no heat in the leg though.
So we'll just let him rest and see how it goes.


He's really milking it for all it's worth though.
"Look how cute I am!  I think I need bacon!"

No comments: