Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I Love Wednesdays

Monday I'm usually in an exhaustion induced haze.
Tuesday I'm generally starting to feel human again...
But by Wednesday...
I've got my Mojo back!

Today was no different.

I woke up this morning and felt
rested and happy.
Whew!


Plus it wasn't raining.
We have the tail of Tropical Storm Julia
hanging around.
Got a LOT of rain yesterday.
But this morning the sky was beautiful.

We are going to start taking Bandit
to "puppy school" tonight.
If it's not raining.


She's getting big.
Much bigger than she was when we got her!


And she needs MANNERS.
Plus I have to wash this week's eggs.

I keep saying I'm going to wash them daily.
But then it's Monday and then it's Tuesday.
See above.
LOL

And right now the girls are on their
end of summer moult (or whatever excuse
they are using these days...)
Whatever their deal is, we are averaging
3 measly dozen eggs a day.
(Just a month ago we were getting nearly 5!)

It doesn't help that the coyote took a bunch
of our girls.  (And the neighbors...)
But still..

There are a LOT of chickens still in the yard.
More than 3 dozen.

One of which is a VERY naughty new rooster.
He attacked me several times yesterday.
(Well, he TRIED to attack me...)
I put him in his place, but as soon as I turned
my back, he was coming again.

I see a crockpot in his future.
Just sayin'

1 comment:

rktucson said...

HA HA HA crockpot - that's funny! Well, not for the rooster!