Friday, September 2, 2016

New Phone!

Whew!

My 5 days in Perdition have ended.
You don't know what you've got til it's gone.
(hear the music?)

I was talking to Rod and Kyle on my phone
on Saturday evening from my hotel.
Then I plugged it in and went to sleep.

Woke up Sunday morning to a dead phone.
It wouldn't even turn on.

And boy did I miss it!
I reached for it a thousand times.
And I didn't even think I used it that much.

Little things, like what do 20 bags of
chicken feed cost at $23.25 / bag?
(answer - $465. OUCH!)

How much do I get paid this week for
20 dozen eggs at $4.50 / dozen?
(answer - $90 - so he gave me 90 and
I handed him back $465.)
OUCH!!!!

That was fun.
And of course, while I'm out of town
I'm always using the map feature to
figure out where I am and where
I'm supposed to be going and
WHERE TO GO FOR FOOD!

Not to mention not being able to talk
to my family on the phone while driving
home after a 12 hour teaching day.
I had a hotel room booked for that night,
but Hermine (pre-hurricane) was heading our way
and they were predicting deteriorating conditions
beginning late Sunday night and into Monday morning.

So do you drive home when you are sleepy
but it might just be lightly raining?
Or do you get a good night's sleep,
wake up EARLY
and drive home in a hurricane?

Yup.
Going home Sunday night.
The weather ended up being lovely for the drive.
A little rain here and there, but nothing as bad
as the rain storms I drove through Friday night
on my way down there!
And since I couldn't talk to anybody on the phone
I plugged my Kindle into my truck speakers
and listened to Hunger Games all the way home.

The miles fly by when somebody is telling you a story.

So...
Anyhow.  Last night. While it's raining.
And thundering.
And lightning-ing... (is that a word?)
I was at the Sprint store getting my new phone.
The computer wasn't particularly happy
with the weather and kept flickering out.
But after an hour I got my free phone.
And $50 case.
Geeez.

But I'm back on the grid.
And thrilled about it!

No comments: