Thursday, March 28, 2019

Crazies

Last weekend I had a bunch of crazies
in my classroom and elsewhere.
But mostly in my classroom.

On the first morning, a lady forgot
her Drivers License, so she thought
that meant she didn't get to sign in.
So she sat through 5 hours with no credit.
Silly lady.
In the afternoon we got her figured out
and if she ever brings her ID, she will
get credit.

Then in the afternoon there was a 2nd
lady who wasn't there in the morning,
and she never signed in either.
Seriously people?
Which part of
"Has EVERYONE in the room signed
on my iPad after lunch today?"
did you not understand????
It's a royal pain to get them credit
after the fact.

Then on Sunday, the first lady forgot
her ID AGAIN! For real?
Still sitting here with no credit!
Good grief.

Oh yeah!
On Saturday, I was working with a
student, making up time since she was
20 minutes late to class, so I forgot
to pre-order my Subway sandwich.

When lunch time rolled around, I was 
trying to decide if I should chance going in
to Subway and getting a sandwich, I only get
20 minutes, that's often not enough time,
or just suffer and hit the McD drive thru.

As I was walking out, a middle-aged, slight,
normal looking man came walking in.
He said "I'm here to pick up a book so I can
start studying. I'm going to come to class
next month."

"Well, ok. When you come to class next
month you can get a book! I can't just
hand them out to random folks..."
He said ok, I told him since he was already
there, he could stay for the afternoon and
get a book and get a head start on his hours.
But at the moment I was leaving to go get lunch.
He says "So what's to eat around here?"
I told him where to find McD and Wendy's.
He says "So where are you going?"
I said "I haven't decided yet."
And I start to walk out.
He follows me.
As we get to the stairs, he says
"Want to give Wendy's a try?"

I just looked at him.
WHAT?
NO!
You are NOT invited to eat lunch with me!

I explained that I had just talked for 5 hours.
And I was getting ready to talk for another 5 hours.
This next 20 minutes is the ONLY break I get.
I'm really sorry, but you are on your own.

And I left.

Sheesh!
He wasn't there when I got back.
I'll be interested to see if he returns for class
next month.
(We have a standing rule, I never get in the car
with a single man and Rod never gets in the 
car with a single woman... single meaning
one, not marital status...)
And a STRANGER to boot!
Ha!
Never going to happen.

Then there were the two guys that walked in
and sat down at 4:00 on Sunday afternoon.
(Class starts at 1:50 and runs to 6:50.)
They were literally smack dab in the middle.
I recognized one of them from last month.
He failed my final exam.
And when I went to an instructor's lunch
last week, the instructor from the next town over
said he came back to her class 
(he had already done her's, failed, did mine, failed,
and went back to her's and failed again...)
she said he was coming back to me again.

Anyhow, at the next break they came up 
to my podium to chat.
I asked what they were doing wandering in
2 hours late?

They said they were there to retake the exam.

I told them they were a week too early!
LOL
So they'll be wandering in next Sunday as well.

Sometimes keeping all the crazy people straight
is the hardest part of my job.
Keeps me on my toes!

No comments: