Saturday, March 9, 2019

Crockpot

This post is mostly for Rozann and Sammie.

WHERE WAS THIS WHEN I WAS A
BUSY, WORKING MOTHER???????

I just read a tip from another 
Trim Healthy Mama.

Crockpot.
Crockpot liners.
That's right, plural.

You can put one small meal in one liner,
and another small meal in another liner
(or one small meal and a yummy side...)
and put them BOTH in your crockpot
TOGETHER!!!!!

And now you have TWO MEALS!
(or dinner and lunch...)
(or breakfast and dinner...)
(or dinner and desert...)

Oh my goodness!
Why didn't I think of that,
back in the day when I often had
2 or sometimes 3 crockpots all
going at the same time.

Think of the possibilities!
Steel cut oats in one bag
(that, in itself, right there, is a miracle... 
I love steel cut oats, but they are kind of a pain to clean up)
And, say, a med. recipe of chili in the other?
Or roast/chili/chicken in one bag
and creamy spinach (or other veggie) 
in the other...

And of course, there are all those amazing
crockpot cakes, puddings, etc.
I might just have to resurrect my crockpot.
(My pressure cooker totally took over.)
(except for yogurt, which I haven't made in awhile...)

No comments: