Friday, March 1, 2019

Last Day! (Almost)

I've been working at the town hall for 3 weeks.
Well, not really, since 2 weeks ago I was
mostly out of town all week.
But I DID go in on Wed and Fri.
So there's that.

Anyhow.
Today is my last "official" day.
Except for Monday.
Debby is coming back tomorrow and
will absolutely be in the office on Sunday,
but I'll "swing by" on Monday to catch
her up on what I did, where I put it,
that sort of thing.

And, of course, she has to go back up
for another week a little later,
but I don't know when exactly.

I'm amazed at how tired this has made me!
I used to work TWO basically FULL TIME JOBS
for heaven's sake!
This is an average of 4.5 hours a day.
But it's taking a toll.
Maybe because 2 weeks ago I was kind out
out of town every day.
(It has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with
the fact that I'm OLD! Shut up those of you
who are older and work WAY harder than me...
ahem, Rod, Sondra and Nancy!)
Whatever.
Pansy.

Anyhow.
I'm excited to be done.
I have a little bit of stuff to do there today,
so I won't be there for HOURS and HOURS.
Just need to make the week's deposit.
And... something else I can't think of 
at this moment.
Probably nothing, because yesterday was
really productive.

Anyhow.
Again.

I'm happy.

And I'm not going in until 11.
So there's that.
(Yesterday I had to be there at 9 because
the receptionist had a dr appt...)
UGH!
I don't get up that early anymore.
Except when I'm teaching.
And then I'm in a hotel and NOBODY sleeps
late in a hotel.
As evidenced by the noise directly outside my door!

So.
Next week I'll catch everybody up on the 
goings on at the ranch.
We have another vet day on the 14th.
(Happy Birthday Nancy!)
Kyle has been re-vamping everything to make
it more user-friendly per the vet and the cowboy's
suggestions. (They were AWESOME and gave him
lots of excellent advice based on years of experience.)
He's home today.
Making 8 more heavy duty gate hinges.
WAY thicker steel.
Beefier (ha) in every way.
Also take longer.

Anyhow.
Again.

I've fed the animals,
done my morning workout,
fed myself,
and now I can see Andy in his stall 
waiting to be let out into the pasture again.
And then I'm going to hit the showers
and head off to work. (in an hour...)

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: