Monday, March 11, 2019

Resolutions Revisited

I guess it's technically not "revisited" since I
didn't actually "visit" it in the first place.

I don't like to post resolutions.
I know, you are supposed to tell
somebody about your goals.
Accountability and all that.

But I'm a rebel.
And lazy.

I made a couple of "unofficial" resolutions
this year.

1.  NO DIET COKE.
Check.
(Except late one night in January
when I was driving home from school
and was pretty sleepy. I stopped at
McD's on the way home and got a
child size... two sips later I threw it away.
CHEMICALS, ugh!)

2. WORKOUT 3-5 TIMES PER WEEK
Check.
(Except that one CRAZY week in February
when I was in a different city every single day.
I did manage to workout once that week.
In my hotel room in Orlando.)

3. KEEP MY KITCHEN CLEAN
Check.
If I'm in town, the kitchen is neat and tidy.
No dirty dishes in the sink.
I run the dishwasher regularly and empty
it as soon as it is done.
"My house is a house of order."
I've never been a cleaner.
As a busy Mom, working a LOT, my philosophy
was "clean enough is good enough".
It worked for me.
But now... it's not.
And I'm happier with a tidy kitchen.
(And clean floor.)
Don't ask about my bathroom.
I'm working on that as a new goal now,
but I'm not there yet.

4. STOP NAGGING ROD WHEN HE DRIVES
He "sloshes" around in his lane.
And he drives with his wrist draped over the steering wheel.
Despite that, he manages to get us wherever we are
going, safely, every time. And I'm grateful for that.
Maybe it's not that he's a terrible driver, so much as,
I'm a terrible passenger.
So... I am making a conscious effort to stop nagging.
Stop telling him to use his hand on the wheel.
Stop pointing out the car in front of us is stopped.
I can't totally say Check on this one yet.
But I'm working on it.
I'm maybe 75%.
I still get nervous.
I use my phone or read my Kindle a lot.
It makes for a more pleasant ride for both of us.

5. JOURNAL
Fail.
I remember to jot stuff down now and again
but there is no sort of consistency.
I kind of use my blog as a journal.
And obviously that's sort of sporadic. 
But at least I have that...

So........
I'm making progress.
And I have a ways to go.
But I'm not dead yet.

"If you're green, you're growing...
If you're ripe, you're rotting..."
Guess there's hope for me.

No comments: