Saturday, March 2, 2019

Nice Ride!

It was sunny this morning.
74 degrees with a light breeze.
Beautiful!

We decided to saddle up the horses and
head into the woods for a little ride.


We actually didn't stop here.
This picture is from our last ride.
Somehow, neither one of us took a picture today!
THAT's never happened before.
lol.

I'm wearing the exact same clothes though.
I always wear pink in the woods.
Makes me easier to see.
However, I HAVE trimmed down a little
in the month since this was taken.
So hopefully I look a little better
on my horse.

AND.....

I mounted with NO difficulty!
That's what a month of thigh workouts 
will do for you.
Ta da!

Of course, I only got on once.
Rod, ever the gentleman, opened and closed
our gate, both times, so I didn't have to keep
getting on and off.
And he has a nice set of mounting steps
to use, since HIS horse will stand still. (ish)
Stiller than mine, anyway.
Andy lines all up nice and neat and then
just as you swing over, he swings away.
And laughs.
For reals.
(Cue Lucy and the football...)

It was a nice, 45 minute ride.
We only met 3 bikes, our neighbors,
and they were just coming out as we
were getting ready to go in.
Murray and his wife and a friend.
Murray is the president of the BMBA
(Brevard Mountain Bike Association)
We use "Mountain Bike" pretty loosely around here.
He has been talking up "horse etiquette", so when
they saw us, they stopped, got off, and he took off
his helmet (the others didn't) so they were
recognizable as human.
We told them thank you, and we appreciated it,
but our particular horses were used to bikes and
they were fine.
It was a nice interaction.

Because we went out a little later,
nobody else was on the trails.
Which is always nice.

And now we have a bunch of "Saturday Stuff"
to do. But it was a GREAT START!
Thanks for suggesting it, my darling!
Love you!

No comments: