Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Hot Sox

Mom made me some SOX!
They are so beautiful!

And I got them in the mail just in time!

Today it is Cold.
(Sorry Aunt Karen, cold is relative...)
It was 85 here on Monday.
Right now, at noon, it is 57.
That's as good as its likely to get.

But I don't care, because my feet are warm!


Check out the detail!

Aren't they gorgeous?

They worked great in my boots.
And kept my feet nice and comfy
while I went out to feed.

Thanks Mom!!!!!

Yesterday it was a little chilly...


But I was disorganized and forgot my sox.
I also forgot food.
I ate my okra and eggs, and then 3 hours later,
I was ready to EAT!
But I was out "doing nothing".

Enter quick emergency rations.


It was about 1/4 of a green apple, 
6 or 7 cashew halves,
a couple of dried cranberries
and a couple of tiny cubes of cheese.

The cranberries had sugar in them, but literally
so little that I wasn't going to skip them.
I love cranberries!
(I had unsweetened dried cranberries in my
bowl of oatmeal this morning... YUM!)
A little fat from the nuts and cheese
and just enough carb from the tiny bit of apple
to be perfect.

I wouldn't eat it everyday,
but I was amazed how quickly it helped me
not "need" to stop for fast food.

Today, I'm staying home.
Right now I have a pound of dry black beans
in my pressure cooker with some onion,
garlic and chicken stock.
In 30 minutes I'll have 6 or 7 cups of cooked
black beans that I will put in freezer zippies.
I use a LOT of black beans and these are
a gazillion times yummier than canned.

Next I'm putting a couple of trays of bacon
in the oven for Bakin' Bacon.
Rod likes bacon with his eggs in the morning.

And then I'll whip up another batch of
Cowboy Cookie Dough Balls.
A delicious no bake with almonds and
chocolate chips that we both LOVE.

It's spring break down here, so there aren't any
students flying at the flight school this week,
so Rod has the week off from his 2nd job.
Which means he'll be home in 3 hours instead of 8.
So I'll probably also pull some beef out of the 
freezer and get working on some yummy chili.

All while wearing my snuggly sox.


No comments: