Friday, April 12, 2019

Home again, Home again...

Got up around 6 and made my breakfast,
(eggs and okra)
did my dishes, swept the floor and
cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.
Finished up the last little bits of packing
and was ready when Nancy came to
pick me up and take me to Mom and Dad's.

She arranged for an Uber to come there
to take me to the airport, since she needed
to be at the Foundation (she missed last
week to spend time with me, and Sue is
out of town, so there would be nobody there!)

We chatted for a minute, said our goodbyes,
and she headed off to pick up her bagels
to take with her for her clients.

M&D&I sat in their living room and 
chatted while we waited for Uber.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited.

So I called Nancy to check on the status.
And it said it was cancelled because
there were no drivers available in the area.
WHAT?

So she hopped in her car and came to get me.

Meanwhile, she ordered another Uber to
pick me up from her house, since she never
has a problem getting one there.

However, he took a wrong turn and we could
see his little car on our app map, driving
up and down the road looking for her address.
LOL

It took FOREVER to figure out the app,
and I finally figured out how to text him,
but he didn't respond, so after some more
looking (turns out if it was a snake it would have
bitten me, it was right THERE) I found a way
to call him.
He agreed to meet us in front of McDonalds
and he literally pulled up just as we were 
taking my suitcase out of the trunk.
A quick hug and she headed back over to
pick up her bagels and get to the Foundation.
I SO appreciate her taking such good care of me!

Anyhow.

My Uber driver was a man named BOB!
(My favorite name...)
He used to live in Florida and most of his
family is still here but over on the other coast.
So we had a nice visit while he drove me
to the airport.
We got me there in plenty of time to
check my luggage, get boarding passes
and walk to my gate.

It was another tiny little airplane, since I was
only hopping up to Phoenix.
It took us longer to taxi out to the runway
than it did to fly there!
I sat by a nice lady who was heading to Austin.

I had a good hour layover in Phoenix.
Long enough to use the restroom,
buy a bottle of water and a bag of
Veggie Straws
and sit and relax for a bit before 
climbing on a much larger plane
and heading east.

I sat between a young man with good headphones
and a middle aged guy in a Harley Davidson shirt.
The Harley guy and I chatted motorcycles, horses,
and Florida for a bit and then we both put in
our ear buds and had a nice, peaceful flight home.
There was a little bumpiness, but nothing big.
We all took a couple of naps.
I read a fun book (the one I started while waiting
for Dad to have his surgery).
Finished it a bit before the flight ended.

Rod was there waiting for me,
wearing his fancy cowboy hat.
I didn't recognize him for a minute!
Just thought "There's a handsome cowboy"!
And I was right!

We stopped in town for a quick Chick-Fil-A
sandwich and then headed over the swamp.

Kyle had called and was having some issues
with the truck he was driving (Linda's)
so we were kind of on pins and needles until
he finally pulled into the yard about 11.
His drive was uneventful, which is always good.
He was pulling a big stock trailer,
so we were happy it all went ok.

Had a GOOD night's sleep!

It was a terrific vacation!
I loved getting to see nearly all the family
and spend time with everybody.

No comments: