Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Tucson, Day 6

Tuesday.
Another early start, this time it was to be
at Mom and Dad's by 7:30.
Rozann texted about 6:30 with a garden 
emergency - she has been SUPER busy lately
and forgot to water her little baby veggies.
So I ran over and gave them all a drink.

And then Nancy came by and we 
headed to Mom and Dad's to take Dad
to his dermatologist appointment.
He was having a malignant basal cell
carcinoma removed from his forehead.

Reid said it could be a lengthy procedure
since they cut and then have to check
under a microscope, and possibly cut again,
then check again, rinse and repeat...

Mom went in with Dad while Nancy
and I sat in the waiting room and read books
and then switched to showing each other
pictures and games on our phones.
Then Nanc decided she had a bunch of
errands she needed to run, so she left.
Texted me about 5 minutes later and said
Dad was all done and would be out as soon
as they stitched him up, so she was coming back.
LOL

They got everything on the first round!
Lucky!

And then they have standing tradition.
After every INVASIVE procedure, they all
get to have a little hot fudge sundae from
the Dairy Queen.
So we headed there next.
I only had a mug of tea with collagen in it
for breakfast, so a dish of sugar wasn't going
to sit well in my tummy, so I opted out.

Nancy dropped us at M&D's and headed
out to get her errands done before going over
to work at the Foundation.

We sat out on the patio and worked on our
little scrubbies while Dad rested in his chair.

(He was looking at funny pictures on Mom's phone.)

After Mom took a brief nap,
she made us a nice little lunch of yummy
goodies all over a bed of lettuce.

And then she had an appointment to get her 
fingernails redone. So we headed over to her
nail salon. She went in and I walked over to
Albertson's to get them a loaf of bread and
three bananas for Dad's smoothies in the 
mornings. They are leaving on Friday for
Victoria, BC, so they only needed enough to
make it through the rest of the week.

Then I walked back to the salon and sat and
visited with Mom while she got finished.

Her nails were still soft, so I drove us home.
However I went back to my place and she
went home to check on Dad.
I wrote a blog and did some online PFSU stuff
and then sat on the couch and drank 2 bottles
of water while watching another Hearties episode.

Then headed over to Nancy's.
Chris and Stephen came into town and were
cooking dinner for us.
Stephen is an amazing cook!
He made a fabulous ricotta dish with the
most wonderful green salad
and angel food cake with whipped cream and
fresh strawberries for desert.
Delicious!
We had a nice visit with them for a couple
of hours and now we are all settling in
for the night.

It has been a wonderful visit.
I'm sad tomorrow will be my last day!
Although I miss Rod and will be happy to
get home and see him.
But I love getting to spend time with my family!





Family.
It's good stuff.

No comments: