Monday, April 8, 2019

Tucson, Day 5

Sondra left.

Nancy came over and picked me up
and we headed over to M&D where
she dropped me off and picked up
Sondra to take her to the airport.
And then she headed over to spend
the morning with her granddaughters.



Can't decide which I like best, so you get all 3... hahaha

M&D and I enjoyed watching the morning
session of conference.
The talks were really good and all
themed on home centered learning
and reaching out to others in love.

When it was over, we sat out on the patio
for a bit and had a nice visit.
Then Mom made us a delicious little
S-helper salad.
Greens, full fat cottage cheese, sliced
peaches on the top.
Delicious and refreshing!
A slice of left over thin crust pizza.
And they had a cookie.
There was a beautiful breeze,
it was a lovely afternoon.

And then time for the afternoon session.
So back in we went.
Mom was working on her pretty grey 
sweater (it's all in one piece! No sewing!)
and I have been knocking out scrubbies.
She also started a washcloth that she
had me finish so I know the pattern.
However, I knit way looser than she does,
so it ended up looking like a kite instead
of a neat little square.
So I pulled my part out, went to smaller
needles and tried again.
Perfect!

*For future reference:
start with 4 stitches,
at the beginning of each row - 
K2, yarn over, K to the end of the row
increasing one stitch per row until there are 44.
Then at the beginning of each row -
K1, K2together, yarn over, K2, pull one over
decreasing one stitch per row until there are 4.
Bind off.

Once that was done, I went back to scrubbies.
And then I ran out of yarn.

Mom went for a nap and
Dad and I had a nice chat.
Then Mom got up and we had some yummy
cabbage rolls and crackers for dinner.

About 7, Reid and Nancy came by.
And, as always, there was lots of 
talking, laughing, you know the drill.

We left about 9,
they brought me to my little house,
and I watched old "When Comes the Heart"
episodes on Netflix and ate a couple
of jalapeno poppers I cooked in the
little toaster oven.

Bed.

This morning I worked out,
I'm cooking okra in the little oven,
getting ready to fry a couple of eggs,
I've already done Holiday #1 T-Tapp workout,
I'll quick and eat and then I'm walking 
over to Nancy's to play with her horses
for a bit.


No comments: