Monday, April 15, 2019

Lots to Do Today

We had a nice, relaxing-ish weekend.
Rod had to go help a member install
a ceiling fan, I did all the laundry,
and we did some stuff
out in the pastures.
We also went shopping and bought some
fencing material and feed.

Sunday was a great day.
While listening to Elder Holland's talk,
I really felt like we needed to stop sitting
in the overflow and move into the chapel.
So we did.
Sat on the 2nd row.
Wow.
We have a NOISY ward!
You don't seem to hear it all from the back.

It was ward conference.
They did a complete FLIP of many,
many, many callings.
Released and called a new YW presidency,
a new Primary presidency, a couple of
random callings,
and a new 2nd Counsellor in the Bishopric.

Whew!

The talks were excellent - our Bishop and our
Stake President (who was our Bishop when he
was called as SP...)
Later in the day Rod got a text from his best
friend, he was released as a High Council member.
So now Rod is 1 of only 3 original members
on the high council.
Makes us wonder...

Anyhow.

This morning I got up, did a quick workout,
headed out to feed the horses,
let the dogs out,
made my breakfast of okra and eggs,
visited with Kyle for a minute,
and then he and I headed out.
He brought Linda's truck and stock trailer
home Thursday night.
He had a little trouble with the truck
on the ride home. In the truck stop his 
steering wheel locked up and his brakes failed.

He called Rod (they were on the phone when I
got off the plane), drove it around a little and
it seemed to be ok, so he headed on home.
We were all on pins and needles for the 
next 3 hours, waiting for him to safely arrive.
Which he did.

Friday he had to go over to Linda's and do some
re-fencing and other random things she needed done.
And he took the tires off the stock trailer and
took them in to get new valve stems because
they won't hold air for more than a day.

This morning he unhooked the trailer and he
drove Linda's truck and I drove his big white truck.
We headed into town to pick up the tires
loaded them into the white truck's bed.
Then to our mechanic to drop off Linda's truck.
When we got there, Lou said it was simply
low power steering fluid.
(Which was what Rod and Kyle thought, but
it was good to get it confirmed by a professional...)
He went to get some fluid and I headed home.

He put the tires back on the trailer and headed
over to Linda's to pick up a little cow that is
moving to the ranch.
And I got in my car and headed back into town.

1. WalMart for dog food, a flat of water, some
sugar free BBQ sauce and some butter spray.

2. Sprint Store to return our old phones.
But they said their system was broken and 
recommended I UPS them to the warehouse.
I had everything I needed, just preferrred to
put them in a human's hands.
Whatever.

3. Across the street to the mall, back to H&M
to return some no-show socks I bought last
week that didn't stay on my feet, despite a little
bit of silicone on the heel. They were $13 so
I returned them!

4. Up the road to Tractor Supply to return the $35
sprinkler we bought for the new pasture
that ended up not working.

5. Across the road and up the street to Linda's.
Kyle was just pulling out, so I stopped
and visited with him for a minute and then
he headed on up to the ranch.

6. Up the road to Aldi's, my favorite little
grocery store. (Aldi's was started by the brother of the guy
who started Trader Joe's. So the quality is really good,
and the prices are really low. I love it!)
Needed some heavy cream to make a
delicious looking quiche I saw yesterday.
Also some greek yogurt and some
cottage cheese and sour cream.

7. Back into the next town over to the UPS
main depot to drop off the phones.
I took pictures of all the paperwork,
wrote down (and took pictures of) 
all the serial numbers, crossed my
fingers and handed them to the lady
behind the desk.
Here's hoping they actually get there.

8. HOME! Unloaded the trunk.

9. Made a DELICIOUS little Lorenza!

Last night I cooked a nice chuck roast
in my pressure cooker.
I sliced up a little and used it as the meat
on my Lorenza.
I think I liked it even better than the steak!
It was more tender and easier to eat.


This is actually a picture of the ones I made on
Friday for everybody for dinner.
I used chicken thigh.
It was yummy.
But roast is my favorite so far.
And everybody liked them.
(Sunday Kyle made himself one for lunch!)


And now... I'm going to sit on my couch for a bit.
It's nearly 5:30.
So pretty soon I need to unload my dishwasher
and go outside and feed the animals again.
But for now, I'm eating my Lorenza,
watching last week's Master Chef Jr.

Hope the trip to Victoria turned out well!

No comments: