Thursday, April 18, 2019

Quiche

Yesterday I made a quiche!
I usually make frittata (crustless quiche)
but this recipe said the crust
was really good.
So I gave it a try.

The recipe said salt to taste
and I under-salted.
Next time (there WILL be
a next time)
I will put in a teaspoon.

I will also cut back a bit on
the heavy cream because my
quiche was too big for my
pie plate.
I should really buy a deep
dish pie plate,
but... nah.

Anyhow.


It came out really nice.
It has broccoli and bacon.
I used turkey bacon to cut down
on the greasy feeling you get
from regular pork bacon.
(and it's what I have this week...)


It turned out pretty well!

Because of the salt issue, it
was a little flat tasting,
so I added a couple of
shakes of a good hot sauce
(Texas Pete's)
and that was all it needed!

Rod had a slice for breakfast
and said it was yummy.

Speaking of Rod, he has a cold.
That's what happens when he works
as hard as he has been working lately.

But I'm pulling out all the stops
on my voodoo stuff and
hopefully he will be feeling better
SOON!

No comments: