Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tucson, Day 1

Yesterday was a travel day.
It was a LONG 5 hour flight from
Orlando to Los Angeles.
I sat in the middle seat between younger-ish guys
who were both watching movies on
their seat back screens.
I pulled out my Kindle and read it 
while listening to music on my
ear buds until I dropped off to sleep.
I napped off and on throughout the flight.
And then when I got to LA my gate was
literally next door, so I got a burger
and sat at the gate and ate it until
time to board.
It was a TINY plane, just 4 seats in a row
instead of 6. I sat next to a large girl
who took up all her seat and half of mine.
She was very sweet, flying from Newfoundland
in Canada down to Tucson for a medical
procedure (she didn't elaborate).
But I was still really tired so mostly I
napped or read.

Nancy picked me up at the airport
and we headed straight to Mom and Dad's.
We had a fun visit with them,
Rozann came and brought some pizza,
Reid arrived and we sat around and 
talked and laughed.
Mom heated up some raisin cookies in
her microwave and when I ate one, the
raisin was like molten lava and stuck to my lip!
It was SO HOT!
And I was so tired,
Nancy and I laughed and laughed and laughed
until we were both crying.
I just couldn't stop laughing!
It was hysterical!
*And my lip is fine this morning, I honestly
thought I was going to have a blister!
It really stuck on there!

Anyhow, we finally packed up and Rozann
brought me home, helped me get settled in
her fabulous little guest house.
I love it here!
I was watching a T-Tapp friend doing a
quick 10 minute stretch on my iPad and I must have
fallen asleep watching her.
So I climbed into bed and was OUT.

This morning I listened to my Trim Healthy
Podcast - it was a really good one,
and then Nancy texted, so I got up,
got dressed and walked over so she could
show me all the updates on her house
and then we headed over to Mom's.
Took Dad's car and M&D and went to get
a tank full of gas and a prescription filled.
And then back to their house.
I helped Dad prune his little orange tree.
The blossoms smell heavenly!
And then we headed back home.
Nancy had to put in some laundry,
so I took a shower and got cleaned up
and then headed back over so we could
run into town and get some towels and stuff
for her fancy new bathroom.
I bought some really great new sunglasses
and some almond milk and eggs for breakfast.

And then we ordered some takeout chinese
and headed back over here.
Rozann picked up the food and met us at
her house, Nancy and Reid came over and
we sat around their beautiful dining room
table and ate dinner and had a good visit.

Then Rozann and I walked back over here
and we chatted for a bit until it was time for
her to leave to get Soni.
And now I'm going to go wash my face
and head off to bed.
For some reason my laptop hasn't changed
time to AZ time, and it is saying it is 11:30 pm.
So I guess I'll go to sleep.


First morning!
Let the vacation begin!


Nancy tending her plants in their
screen/green house garden.
Look at all that great produce!


Everything is growing so well!


Out my bedroom window.
I was trying to take a picture of the coyotes, but
they ran off just as I snapped the picture.
But it's still a pretty picture!
(ignore the garbage can... lol)

No comments: