Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Grocery Trip

This is probably boring to you...
but it helps me remember what I bought
and what I was planning to cook this week.


This is $79.00 worth of food.
And yes, I'm still buying eggs.

Fresh spinach for a big pan of Lazy Lasagna.
Mandarin Oranges for snacking.
2 tubs of Fat Free Cottage Cheese.
1 box Instant Brown Rice
2 boxes reduced sodium chicken broth
1 carton of Heavy Whipping Cream
1 carton of Egg Whites
4 bags of frozen Cauliflower
1 package of Jalapeno Cheddar brats
1 big pkg baked ham deli meat
1 pkg thin sliced provolone cheese
1 pkg Joseph low carb Pita Bread
4 bananas
4 small cans tomato sauce
2 cans red kidney beans - Pearl's Chili
2 cans garbonzo beans - Air Fryer snack
2 dozen eggs (hard boiled / egg salad / cake etc)
2 jugs unsweetened almond milk
1 pkg celery sticks
1 bag BBQ flavored pork rinds (car snack this weekend)

Out of this I plan to make a big pan of Lazy Lasagna,
a pressure cooker full of Pearl's Chili,
a bunch of ham and cheese pita sandwiches
a big tub of egg salad (Rod loves it)
2 tubs of apple/celery waldorf salad
THM friendly pancakes...

Right now there is a rasher of bacon in the oven.
I just finished making 2 tubs of waldorf salad 
with just enough left over for a nice big bowl
for my lunch today...
When I'm done eating that... its back into the kitchen.
I'll make the lasagna, egg salad and chili so Rod
will have something to eat this weekend
while I'm out of town...

I'll probably make the pancakes tomorrow.
I like to make a BIG batch and then I
keep them in a bag in the fridge so Rod
can just grab a couple to heat up,
add a slice or two of bacon and
breakfast is done.

I made a chocolate cake earlier in the week
and cut it into snack sizes - they are in 
zippie bags in the fridge for us to grab
as a quick snack with our lunches.
(I've been working at the Town this
past couple of weeks... I'm back to
making bag lunches!)

The cans of tomato sauce and the whipping cream
makes an AMAZING bowl of 
"Just Like Campbell's Tomato Soup".
(Except I think its better...)
A good, quick lunch or dinner...

Anyhow.
I love doing a big cooking day
(or two).
It feels great to open the fridge/freezer
and see food ready for my family.


Oh yeah.
I also caught the Falcon 9 launch this morning.
I was out feeding the animals so had to
run back into the house to get my phone...

I LOVE living on the Space Coast!

No comments: