Thursday, January 9, 2020

Health Update

I went to the doctor this morning 
for my annual wellness checkup.

She was IMPRESSED!
All my numbers were glorious.
Not only in the healthy range,
but numbers she said she rarely sees!
Thank you Trim Healthy Mama
and T-Tapp!

After I finished there, I hopped on the
highway and ran into town to Sams.
I have a couple of YouTube moms I 
follow and they are always doing
"grocery hauls".
(Show and tell on their groceries...)

So here's mine.


I love my LONG counter top.
Starting at the right I have a big pack of bacon.
I'll back some bacon this afternoon.
And then some chicken breasts. At $1.98/lb
it's a good, inexpensive protein choice.
And then two flank steaks. 
I usually don't buy steak since we have a
freezer FULL of beef, but Rod likes to
cook up a steak on Sunday evening when I'm gone
and all we have left are T-bones.
1. There are 2 in a packet
2. SAVE THEM FOR US TOGETHER!
(hahahaha)
Last year I didn't get ANY t-bone.
He and Kyle ate all of them!


Then for the produce...
We have a bag of little oranges,
a pack of cherry tomatoes, a bucket of mushrooms
(the mushrooms and tomatoes are in the window
getting "sun tanned" to increase their Vitamin D levels)
a BIG bag of organic baby carrots,
a bag of colored mini peppers,
a hand of green bananas (our bananas ripen SO fast here!),
2 bags of lettuce and 1 bag of coleslaw,
a bag of frozen "zoodles" and a bag of beef jerky.


Plus a 55 lb bag of dog food.
Still in the trunk...

Total spent? $133.32.
Not bad. I got a lot of meat this time
which I don't usually do.

After I got it all put away
(and put in a load of laundry)
I made some lunch.


Two "wonder wraps" filled with turkey breast,
some romaine lettuce and mustard.
Carrots, baby peppers and tomatoes for
dipping in the little bucket of ranch dressing,
and two homemade chocolates for desert.
(Dark chocolate and peanut flour for a yummy
reeses sort of bite...)

And now?
I need to divide up the meats and get
those in the fridge / freezer.
Finish the laundry,
and clean the bathroom.
Rod will be home in about an hour
and then he has High Council and I have
a conference call for school.

So that's TODAY!

No comments: