Thursday, January 16, 2020

SUNSHINE

We are at the end of a lovely heat wave.
Some people aren't loving it, but I sure have been!
Yesterday it was 86.
In January!
(It was 90 in Bonita Springs over the weekend!)

So I took full advantage.

Kyle's neck was really causing him pain
on Tuesday, so he hopped in his car and
drove home to see his chiropractor.

And then Wednesday morning we went
to our HAPPY PLACE.


It was a beautiful, nearly cloudless day.


It felt so good to have that sun on my skin!


I even caught a quick pic of Kyle.
He was watching a baby ghost crab...

We only stayed for an hour and a half 
(we both wanted MORE but 
1. we were burning (it's been 2 months
since our last visit)
2. He had to get back to the ranch...)
It was so relaxing.

After he headed north, I got busy
tidying up the house and tossed
a chuck roast in the pressure cooker.
We had the Elders over for dinner.

Then I went outside to mow the yard,
but the battery is DEAD so instead
I let all the pasture animals into the
backyard so they could enjoy the grass.

When Rod got home, we harvested our
lemon tree.


We picked 12 nice big lemons - there are
still 3 left on the tree to grow a bit more...


These guys were ready though!
He's HUGE!
And sweet.
And delicious.

So the theme for the day was sunshine.
In the air AND in my bowl.
(And my glass - I made a "Boost Juice"
the juice of half a lemon, a tsp of baobab powder
and some sweetener, an ice cube and water.
DELICIOUS!)

I'm just finishing my breakfast.
Then it's laundry day.
And I'm going to try again with the mower.
It's been on the charger over night.

The horses and cows are in the middle yard
again, but the cows found one of my
ornamental trees so I had to chase them off.
If they head back over again they lose
backyard privileges.
Back out to their pasture they'll have to go.

And tonight there is a cold front moving in.
All that FREEZING weather from Calgary
has decided to head to Florida.
Oh goody.

No comments: