Tuesday, January 21, 2020

LONG Tuesday!

I set an alarm clock this morning!
Woke up about an hour before it
went off, but it was chilly in my room,
so I stayed in bed all snuggled up
until it went off.

And then I got up.
It was 7:00.
It was 43 degrees outside.
BRRRRRR!

I pulled out my giant puffy coat,
hat, scarf, gloves, SOCKS and barn shoes.
Headed out into the great white north
(oh wait, that's not right...)
Headed out in the freezing green yard
(with a cold wind whistling down from ALASKA)
to feed the animals.
Done in RECORD TIME!
(no kidding!)
Back into the house to get the big green
trash can and drag it to the road.
Back into the house to let the dogs out.
Back into the house to cook my okra and eggs.
While that was cooking I did some email stuff.
When it was all done, I brought the dogs
back in, fed them and then walked outside
to let the horses out.
(While my breakfast cooled a bit...)

Ate my breakfast while doing my morning
reading and then headed in to take a shower.
While I was getting dressed I remembered
I didn't have a "name" so ran to print a card
and then jumped in the car to drive to Linda's
so we could head to Orlando to the Temple.

It was a really nice drive.
We always have a good time visiting on
the drive over and back again.
She has had a house full of family since
before the holidays.
Gina, Colton and their baby Lucy are 
still living with her until the end of the
month when they will move to the ranch.
They are moving into Kyle's house.
(He is moving home)
They are helping her go through the stuff
in her garage prior to her moving to her
new house she is building.
Whew!

Anyhow.

We had a nice visit.
And when we got to the Temple it was BUSY!
The session was FULL!
I haven't seen that in a long time!

It was a nice session.

Meanwhile... Rod is working on the ceiling in the
tack room in preparation for a home inspection.
(Possibly changing home owners insurance...)

It's been a JOB!


This tile split YEARS ago and then it looked like
it got moldy. But its in the tack room so we
didn't really worry about it much.

Last weekend while I was out of town,
he pulled it down, expecting to find the
ceiling full of black mold.

Much to our surprise (and delight)
this is what he found!


Not a speck of mold!!!!
YEA!!!

He went to the rental place and got a nifty tool.


He loves tools.


Especially THIS tool since it allowed him
to put up a 4x8 sheet of drywall in the ceiling
by himself!
(Kyle is still on Calf Duty at the ranch...)


Got it all screwed in.
The next day he started filling in the holes
around the sheet and then taped and mudded.
The next day (after work) he got the first 
coat of paint on it.
He just got home from work and is back out there
putting on another coat of paint.
This one is textured so it matches the rest of the ceiling.

I'm going to make him a nice big steak.
He has EARNED it!!!

No comments: