Thursday, April 16, 2020

Just Change my name to Coach Collette

I feel like I'm living on Zoom!

Between teaching my class last night,
participating on company calls / zooms
(I'm on a conference call now - Zzzzzzz)
and training the "2nd Team" who are
taking over the review classes starting
next week...
I am attached to my computer!

My boss teamed me as instructor mentor
to a darling instructor (who I originally trained)
to hold her hand and help her get up and
running to teach the reviews starting
on Monday morning.

Whew!
She doesn't have much tech experience.
And her hardware is pretty old.
(And her internet isn't up to par either...)

I spent 30 minutes with her after my class
last night walking her through the "end" process
and another 2 hours today helping her
figure out how to make what she has, work.
(We aren't there yet...)
She's sure trying though!

It's windy and "cold" (70) and looks like
it wants to rain.(UPDATE - raining now!) 
It's been in the 90's lately!
So I have all the doors and windows open.
And I'm wearing a sweat shirt!
(And makeup and earrings... ahem ... Zoom...)

Yesterday, between all the other stuff,
I got 26 little moringa seeds planted in pots
and put out in the garden.
These are trees (if you aren't familiar with them)
that are considered a "superfood".
And they grow like MAD.
You can harvest the leaves, dry and crush them
and they are super healthy.
But they are also excellent rabbit / cow feed.
Which is why I planted so many.
Once they come up, I'm going to transplant them
along one of the fence lines (outside of the pastures)
and plan to harvest regularly to supplement 
the critter feed.

The garden is looking awesome!
The squashes are COVERED in flowers and
baby squashes.
We have something like 10 baby watermelons!
Hope they will make it.
Last time we grew watermelon, we only got ONE
that made it to full, ripe, ready to eat state.
And Buddy reached through the fence and ate it.

(Which is ONE of the many reasons THIS garden
is fully fenced with both field fence AND chicken wire...)
Farmer McGreggor does NOT want to share.
(Call us cranky... lol)

Kyle's roses have recovered from the great 
Cow Escape - they have about a foot of new growth
and 5-10 buds, so maybe one of these days he'll
get the roses he loves so much.
And today they are getting some nice, steady rain.
Amazing how much better the garden looks after a rain.
Even though we run the sprinkler every night for 2 - 3 hours.
There's just something about RAIN water.
(And the nitrogen lightning brings! We're hoping for a little
of that during Sunday's forecasted storms...)

Ok, enough rambling.
Back to work!
Love y'all!
(my conference call is with a bunch of 
good ol' Georgia boys... I'll be drawling for hours!)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Love this post! Hang in there Georgia girl!!