Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday Morning

Quick Update.
(Since I have a VERY busy day planned...)

Let's see, what's on my list for today...

#1. LAUNDRY! Rod is out of uniforms, so the first
load is already in. (Thursday is my regular laundry day 
but I often toss in a quick load one other day...)
(And I haven't...)

#2. Call the mortgage company.
I've been messing with them re: home owners insurance
since JANUARY and it looks like we MIGHT have
it all straightened out today. Fingers crossed!

#3. I have a list of past students I need to phone
(and then follow-up with an email) to invite them
to the new Zoom Review classes we are hosting.

#4. REHEARSE FOR THE NEW ZOOM REVIEW CLASSES.
Hahahahahaha.
I'm teaching the FIRST class tomorrow morning.
All the Florida Elite Team members are attending.
NO PRESSURE!

#5. Clear a space in Jim's bedroom so I can sit
undisturbed for 4 hours to host the classes.
Tomorrow's class is from 9am to 1pm but the rest
of my scheduled classes are 6 - 10 pm.
So there will be family home.
I need to be behind a closed door.
And since I will be on camera, there needs to be
a decent background!
I'm thinking I'll set up so my backdrop is his
blank white closet doors and maybe hang a
picture/poster/something? behind me?
Or just go with the white?
I don't know.
I'm going to set up a lap top AND my iPad
so I can both teach and watch myself
from the student's perspective so I don't
slouch and get out of the camera shot,
or lean over and give them a good clear
view of my entire nasal cavity...
You know.... Typical Zoom stuff.

And then I'm sure there's other stuff.
I need to do dishes.
And the floors need to be mopped.
And change the sheets on our bed.
And weed in the garden.
And prep some food so poor Rod will have
dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.
Kyle and I have been on the road and we
aren't good about eating when we travel, so the
last two days we have had WAAY too much
junk food (my body is letting me know how it
feels about THAT...) and one meal.
(Tuesday was a 6" subway sub and last night
was a Taco Bell burrito and taco.)
We need ACTUAL FOOD.
(I'm air frying okra as we speak...)
And Rod has had to fend for himself for 
breakfast/lunch and dinner.
Although I DID make a dozen hard boiled eggs
into a batch of egg salad on Monday.
But man can not live on egg salad alone!
(And there were left over YUMMY BBQd pork ribs
in the fridge - I actually haven't even opened the 
fridge in 2 days... don't know what's in there!)

Anyhow.
That's what's going on in our neck of the woods today.
Since my class starts at 9 (but I want to be set up by 8:30)
and then I am co-hosting the evening class I'll probably
not check in tomorrow.
It's going to be a BUSY (stress filled) day.

Hope everybody is healthy, happy, social distancing,
and getting plenty of fresh air!

Oh yeah.
Florida went on "stay home" orders starting midnight
tonight - so there's that.
Rod (aviation) is considered essential, so nothing changes
for him, and agriculture is also essential, so Kyle is still
allowed out and about.
And I'm a hermit anyway.
 (Not that you can tell from the 
past two days!)
Hahahaha.


OH!
I ate the first (tiny) peach from our tree the other day!
It was tiny, hard, but really juicy and ... not bad!
Here's hoping they get BETTER...


And our first BABY yellow squash!
I'm sure he will soon be followed by many many many others.
(He is on a little starter plant Kyle bought, the other
plants look WAY better but are a couple weeks behind...)


No comments: