Thursday, January 11, 2018

Blessed / Spoiled

It's a constant debate.

Am I blessed?
Or just spoiled?

I'm going with both.
1 part blessed.
2 parts spoiled.
Or is it
1 part spoiled
2 parts blessed.
Sigh.

There's a thing floating around Facebook
that asks:
"What did you thank God for this morning?"
Which I think is an excellent question.

A question to which the answer is
EVERYTHING.
I have so many things to be thankful for,
I pretty much just have a running
list going all day long.

Besides the obvious,
Sunday School answers,
#1 of which is FAMILY.
I can never say thank you enough 
for my loving family.

I'm currently sitting in my beautiful
new, chocolate buttery soft leather
power recliner
*thanks for awesome new furniture!
typing a blog post on my wonderful
new (thank you family!) laptop.
(Now if I could just figure out what I'm
doing that makes my curser jump to
random places at random times 
and I don't notice until I don't see anything
typing even though my fingers are flying...
Rozann????)

Listening to beautiful music
playing on my phone
and piping through
a nifty speaker system Mom & Dad
sent me for Christmas a bunch of years ago.
I still love it and use it daily!
*Thanks!!!

I just got home from the grocery store.
It's a wonderful day here in Florida.
*thanks for the weather AND thanks
for the opportunity to live in Florida!
So when I got in my new little car
*thanks for the car! and the lower payment!
I decided to turn off the A/C
*thanks for A/C!!!!!
and turn a little knob and open the sunroof.
*Thanks!!!!
And if you open the passenger-side window
a couple of inches, you get a lovely breeze
without your hair blowing into your mouth!
NIFTY!
*And thanks!

I opened my fancy new this year, french door fridge
*SO cool, thanks!
and pulled out some frozen chicken
to make for Rod's dinner before he has
to drive south to a meeting.
*thanks for THREE well stocked freezers!

I'm looking out the back doors
at a bunch of beautiful black and white chickens
(black chickens, white chickens and 
black and white striped chickens)
walking around on beautiful green grass.
Now THAT is a pretty picture!
*thanks for the chickens and the fact
that they are healthy! I haven't had to deal
with ANY of the weird chicken things I
hear other people talking about...

And watching a steady stream of cars
driving up and down the neighbors driveway
(it's Thursday - sale day)
to purchase fresh, organic food
including my eggs.
*Thanks for a steady market for my eggs!
Which pay for the feed for my horses,
thanks for HORSES!
and for my cows,
which explain the THREE well stocked freezers.

See what I mean?
I'm blessed beyond measure.
And stinkin' spoiled at the same time.

And I'm SO THANKFUL!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

What a great Post - Nice to see you can just "post" without having to have pictures, a planned story or something specific to talk about - just telling about YOU, your life, what you have been doing etc. I guess I might give that a try :)

Also, you next post (yes, I read them in small groups - I don't have time to write, which means I don't always have time to READ either LoL) the curser thing? on the Surface? it is usually because of touching the mouse pad while typing and you didn't know it. At least that has been my experience. It used to happen to me lots, but not so much any more.