Monday, January 29, 2018

Food Coma

You know how you sometimes eat too much?
And then you kind of crash.


The "girls" got a new giant hay roll.
They were in heaven!


They ate and ate and ate,
and then planted themselves strategically
for their food coma. 
LOL

************************************************

In other news,
had a great class this weekend.
Started with 14 students last weekend,
a couple got hit with the flu
and didn't come back
(thankfully)
but a couple more joined us late.
Saturday I had 12,
Sunday I started with 10 but one
got sick at lunch and vanished.

But the 9 I had left were SUCH nice people!
There is ALWAYS one student that is
just eye-roll inducing.
But this class I didn't have any of those.
Everyone was fun and friendly and
supportive of each other.

We play a really fun game called Kahoot.

If you haven't heard of it before, 
you should totally check it out!

It's FREE.
It's online.

And its fun.
The students LOVE it!

The best part is they get to log in (on their phones)
with their own created nickname.
They have a great time AND they 
cement the information we just learned in class.

This time I had a big guy on the back row
named Jeff.  SUPER competitive.
He works on cell phones for a living,
so his nickname was IFixIPhones.
He would lead the game for awhile, but 
inevitably somebody else would come in with
a late run and he would come in 2nd or 3rd.
And then he would "pout" and want to know
who dared take him out.
(Since most of them don't use their real names...)

Clara was a SUPER smart pre-med student.
She kept beating him, (she sat directly in front of him)
so she kept changing her name.
Once she was Carl.
Then she switched to Karl.

Jason, on the front row was Skadooch.
But in the final game he was COLLETTE!
Hahahahahahaha.
"We" came in 2nd.
Meanwhile, Jeff borrowed a phone
from another student who wasn't ever
on the "podium" and then his own phone
and also used his iPad.

He was iFixPhones,
iFixPhonesToo
iFixPhones3

He came in 1st, 3rd and 4th.
Hahahahahahaha.

It was all really good natured fun
but they actually learned a lot and it helped
them retain the information!

And boy  it was close.
I thought I was going to pass the entire class!
Unfortunately the final 2 didn't pass.
One missed by 2 questions
and the other one missed by ONE!
I have never been so temped to
"help". (grin)
It was really hard to tell them they didn't
pass and their scores were SO close.
It's such a disappointment for them.
(Ana got 69.4!!!!  Sheesh!)

Oh well.
I'm done for the month.

Today I'm doing the laundry,
sending in my class paperwork
*using my fancy new printer/scanner
cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes,
sending emails to all my Visiting Teaching ladies
(I did my VT emails on Friday, but today I have
to send a reminder to the sisters in my district
so I can report their visits at month end)
doing my blog post,
writing in my journal,
and then I'm going to crash on the couch
and watch a Hallmark movie.

Whew!

Counting down to Sondra's visit on Thursday!
Can't wait to see her and the girls!
YEA!!!!!!!!!

No comments: