Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tidy

I read one of those 7 Habits of ___________
This one was on tidy people.
I'm not a tidy person.

When I was a stay at home mom, I tried
to keep the house tidy but never clean clean.
When you live in a small house with 4 little boys
and a dog, keeping the living room free of 
toys and the kitchen sink empty was
about the extent of it.

And when I was working...
well I was busy.

But now, I have no excuse really.
So anyway.
This article said tidy people
took the time to tidy as they went.

Well duh.

But it stuck with me.
So I have been making a conscious effort
to make sure there are never dishes
in the sink or on the counter.
The couch blankets are in their basket.
The counters are cleared off.
(HERCULEAN effort required there...)
The bathroom sinks get rinsed after each use...
that sort of thing.

It's amazing!

Our house is TIDY!

I was trying to set up a daily cleaning schedule.
Mondays - laundry.
Tuesday - bathrooms.
That sort of thing.

But it turns out that on those days there's
really nothing to do!
Which makes it really easy to feel successful.
(And yes, there really IS something to do,
but it doesn't take all day!)

I sweep the floors daily.
We all carry dirt in on our shoes / boots.
And having a rug at the door to wipe
your feet on doesn't work.
I've tried it a bunch of times.
It just gets moldy.
(welcome to the land of 100% humidity)
So I sweep the floors daily.
But on floor day I mop.
Ok, damp Swiffer.
Whatever.  
LOL

And on bathroom day I clean the toilets
and do the floors in there.

I feel soooo accomplished!
hahahahahahaha

This is a picture-less post.
Cuz yesterdays was nuts!

No comments: