Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday

Yesterday was Monday.
Duh.

We had the missionaries over for dinner.
I made a batch of Cowboy Grub
in my pressure cooker using
some of the ground rabbit we have left.

It was pretty yummy!
We have a new Elder serving our ward.
He is from SLC, but his family is
originally from Hawaii.

He and Kyle enjoyed chatting about
the construction projects they had
worked on that intersected (in theory).
They have both laid pipe in some
challenging locations.

It's always fun having the young men
over to visit for the evening.

Today I'm continuing the knitting,
and its bathroom cleaning day.
(SUCH excitement!)
And I'm going to try to make some
jerky with more of the rabbit.
There's a fun recipe (the very last one
in the book I sent Soni & Nanc for Christmas).
It's called quirky jerky because it uses
ingredients you don't normally find in jerky.
I'm making a half recipe.
LOL

I've been using that book for a couple
of months now and have loved almost
everything I have tried!
Rod and I both really liked the 
Whoop Whoop Soup.
It's basically turkey sausage and spinach
in a yummy broth - I loved it, Rod really
likes it, Kyle had leftovers.
LOL
We also really like the deconstructed
stuffed green peppers.
I use cauliflower rice (I buy it in the
freezer section at Walmart) instead
of the THM rice.
Everybody loves it!
All of the flavor.
None of the work!

Just had to run next door to let the
"plant guy" in.  With the terrible weather
(adjusted for Florida definitions of terrible)
Brock needed to replace some of the
plants in his big garden.
(He buys the produce he sells, there are
several really nice small organic farmers
here in the area and he is really good
about supporting the local guys...
but people like to SEE stuff growing.
So this is more of a "show" garden.)
(weird, I know)

Anyhow.
Brock had to run to Ocala to pick up
a load of beef he just had butchered.
It has been very handy for him to
have a retired neighbor.
(grin)
And it's fine with me. I was going over
there today to pick up more empty
egg cartons anyway.
And he is always happy to have me
grab something from the fruit/veggie
fridge whenever I'm over there.
I actually didn't need anything today though.
But he has some nice zucchinis.
I might pick one up later.

Anyhow.
Again.
I'm rambling.
That's what I do.
Sometimes.

The bathroom is cleaned.
The healing trimmy (hot chocolate) mix is made.
(I got 5# of collagen in the mail today,
was waiting for that to make more mix...)
The kitchen is cleaned up.

Time to KNIT!

No comments: