Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Florida Winter

Ok Florida.
That's enough winter.
Thank you, though.

It was cold and windy and rainy today.

And I hated it.

There's a reason we live in Florida.
And this is NOT it!

And tomorrow isn't supposed to be
any better.
In fact it is supposed to be worse.

90% chance of rain.
High of 58.
(Should be 72)

I know, I know...
Wah wah wah.
But this is FLORIDA.
It isn't supposed to be like this.

AND
tomorrow is the day we are supposed
to get our new leather couch and chair.
I don't think we should pick it up
if there is 90% chance of rain...
which means
ANOTHER delay!!!!
Sheesh.

They are saying Thursday is still going
to be cold, but at least it isn't supposed
to be raining.
Maybe we can pick it up then???

Meanwhile,
since it was cold,
I did "inside the house" sorts of things.

Laundry, dishes, cleaned the kitchen.
Then I pulled a package of soup bones
out of the deep freeze.
Put them in a 400 degree oven
and roasted them for 40 minutes
till they were nice and brown and
delicious smelling.

Then I put them in the pressure cooker
with some celery and some
raw apple cider vinegar and a bunch of water.
"They" said to let it sit for 30 minutes
to pull the marrow out of the bones.
So I did.

Then I turned on the pressure cooker
and set it for 2 hours.
It just now turned off, so once the
pressure releases, I'm excited to open
it up and see my bone broth!
I'm planning to put some in a quart jar
and put it in the fridge for cooking
this week.  The rest is going to go
into freezer bags and lay flat in the freezer.

Meanwhile,
while I was roasting the bones,
I put a big ol' sweet potato in the
pressure cooker for 15 minutes
and let it cook.
Pressure cooker sweet potatoes
are out of this world delicious!
They come out SO SWEET!

Once that was done, I cut it in half
and put some sugar free maple syrup on it
and made a big ol' mug of hot chocolate
with some collagen and coconut oil
all mixed in (makes it healthy and also
gives it a really smooth, rich mouth feel
so it feels like I made it with whole milk,
but really it was almond milk).
That was my delicious lunch!

Breakfast, (cuz I KNOW you want to know)
was 2 fresh eggs, fried in butter,
a bunch of frozen okra and turkey bacon chunks
roasted together in my air fryer,
and another big ol' mug of 
"Healing chocolate trimmacinno".
(hot chocolate with protein and collagen
and coconut oil...)

I love my fake paper plates and beautiful
mugs I got from my Mom and sisters
a couple of years ago.

For the rest of the day I sat on the couch,
knitting a new blanket for the living room,
and listened to the first Harry Potter book
on my Kindle.

I am ready for winter to be 
OVER!

No comments: