Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Home Interior Day & An Adventure

 Kyle was focusing on the interior of his
new home yesterday.

I stayed at the house to wait for Amazon.
We ordered another water filter system
(just sits on the counter but has a 
really good 5?, or 9? filter system...)
Anyhow.
We ordered a second one for out at the farm
so Kyle didn't have to carry in water every day.
He can just get some from the well and filter it.

So.
The weather forecast said we were going
to get a good rain about 6:30.
It was 4:00.
So I jumped in the Ranger, got some fuel
(we are running through that stuff 
like its water... lucky our local gas station
has gas for $2.99 and using the Upside app
I get $0.10 back on every fill up...)

Anyhow.
I filled 'er up and headed out to the farm.
It started to sprinkle on the highway,
but still looked clear out by the farm.
And then I turned onto our road.
And it was raining.
Not hard, but raining.
And it was fine, until I came to the first
hill. It was REALLY slippery!
My "traction control" thingie came on
and I was slipping around and it was
a little unnerving for someone who hasn't
driven on slippery stuff for over 40 years.
I pulled into the first driveway.
(There are only 3 houses on our road...)
Sat there for a bit and gave myself a pep talk.

And then I soldiered on.
Got to the big hill next to the 2nd farm,
where you can look down the hollar, up the 
next hill and see Kyle's house.
Except I couldn't. It was REALLY raining
up there. And it's a fairly good sized hill.
So I drove to MY driveway and sat until
it stopped raining. (About 10 minutes.)
And then on I went.

And then I got stuck in his driveway.
HAhahahahahahahaha.

We have good soil.
But when it gets wet, it is like Florida marl.
It's slippery as ice and sticky as peanut butter.
So I left my truck there and walked in.
He still doesn't have steps built up to his door.
He had his truck backed up with the tailgate down
so he could run the generator out of the 
bed of the truck and run the chord through
the window. I had to climb up onto the bed
and THEN up into the house.
(His door is a good 4 feet off the ground.)
That was entertaining, since I'm old and
climbing isn't really a thing.
But I did it.
And what a sight awaited me!

HA! So, I don't know what happened, but
the picture I took is all black.
Anyhow.
He built his kitchen counters! They look great.
You'll have to take my word for it. 
HA!

And then we went upstairs.


He framed in his bedroom wall, as well as the 
bathroom wall and closet (as you come up the stairs).


It looks really good!

Anyhow.
It quit raining for a bit, so we went out and checked
on the garden (and picked up about 4 inches of mud
on the bottoms of our shoes) and then he realized
HIS truck was also stuck.
So he put mine in 4H and we got it out and
headed back to town to the car wash and then
to the grocery store and home.

Sorry - had to cut the story telling short because
my class starts in 10 minutes and students
are beginning to arrive.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
It's another rain day today.
High for the day is 65. 
It is currently 64 and I am SUPER grateful
for the slippers Mom sent me!
Thanks Mom!
I'm going to hurry and finish my bagel
and yogurt and get to work.
(I'm publishing this without proof reading,
so ignore any spelling etc.......)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

I like the new roof color too!!!